1/31/16

This week's roundup of middle grade fantasy and science fiction (1/31/16)

This was one of those weeks where I didn't get to my blog reader (I use bloglovin) till yesterday, and then after checking 5 posts of over 700 I accidently clicked "mark all as read" and so in order to find the mg spec reviews, I went to each blog on my list individually which took ages and was rather sad, because so many of the blogs I follow are moribund.  So if I missed your post, this would be why, because it was rather difficult to stay focused.....

The Reviews

Beetle Boy, by MG Leonard at The Book Zone (for boys)

Bounders, by Monica Tesler, at The Book Wars and Charlotte's Library

The Cat Who Came in off the Roof, by Annie Schmidt, at Ms. Yingling Reads

The Changeling Sea, by Patricia McKillip, at Fantasy Book CafĂ© (more all ages, really, than MG, but I'm always eager to plug McKillip's books!)

The Charmed Children of Rookskill Castle, by Janet Fox, at The Booklist Reader

Criminal Destiny, by Gordon Korman, at Ms. Yingling Reads

The Dragon of Trelian, by Michelle Knudsen, at Read Till Dawn

The Dungeoneers, by John David Anderson, at Semicolon

Fires of Invention, by J. Scott Savage, at This Kid Reviews Books

The Fog Diver, by Joel Ross, at Semicolon

The Goblin's Puzzle: Being the Adventures of a Boy with No Name and Two Girls Called Alice, by Andrew S. Chilton, at Librarian of Snark

Jungle Jim and the Shadows of Kinabalu, by James King, at Mr Ripley's Enchanted Books

My Diary From the Edge of the World, by Jodi Lynn Anderson, at Ex Libris

The Night Parade, by Kathryn Tnaquary, at Cracking the Cover

The One and Only Ivan, by Katherine Applegate, at The Children's Book Review

The Ruins of Gorlath (Rangers Apprentice book 1) at Buxton's Fantasy and Science Fiction Novels, and also  Book 2, Book 4Book 5, Book 6, Book 7, Book 8, Book 9, Book 10, Book 11, and Book 12  and then keep scrolling for the first 4 Brotherband chronicles.

Rise of the Wolf, by Jennifer Nielsen, at Read Till Dawn and Cracking the Cover

Secrets of Valhalla, by Jasmine Richards, at Librarian of Snark

Shadows of Sherwood, by Kekla Magoon, at Welcome to ny (New) Tweendom

Vison of the Griffin's Heart, by LRW Lee, at This Kid Reviews Books and Log Cabin Library

Zaia Fierce and the Secret of Gloomwood, by Keira Gillet, at Log Cabin Library

Two at alibrarymama--The Forgotten Sisters, by Shannon Hale, and Nomad, by William Alexander

Authors and Interviews

Lisa Papademetriou (A Tale of Highly Unusual Magic) at Cynsations (giveaway)

Margaret Chiavetta (The Alchemist's Theorem: Sir Duffy's Promise), at Nayu's Reading Corner

Keira Gillet (Zaria Fierce series), at Mom Read It

Helen Moss (Secrets of the Tombs series), at Middle Grade Strikes Back

Kandi Wyatt (Dragon's Future) at Carpinello's Writing Pages

Marie C. Collins (A Brief Stay at Earth Human Camp), at Carpinello's Writing Pages 

Other Good Stuff

Frances Hardinge's  book, The Lie Tree,  has won the Costa Book of the Year Award.

The Bodleian Library has made a free dowloadable coloring book from its collections

2 comments:

  1. Hi Charlotte..I've been a twitter follower for a while now, I believe that may be how I found you..and I just recently signed up as an email follow...I'm always looking for ya/tween fantasy to promote on my blog, Thornton Berry Shire Press. For some reason I didn't get that you actually follow blogs to find posts relating to kid fantasy...I've already got seven posts set up for February and realized I should get my blog into your list, if you wouldn't mind. It's www.benjaminmctish.blogspot.com. I'm in process of changing over the URL to reflect the blog name, but this has been the URL for quite some time...thx for doing this work..it's such a challenge to find other blogs for ya/tweens that represent fantasy and it's genres..yay! good luck, june

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlotte, thank you for doing this each week, I always look forward to checking out all of your links to reviews , interviews, and all the other things you come across!

    ReplyDelete

Free Blog Counter

Button styles